Polini THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engine features 2 spark plugs and 2 independent ignitions to grant the maximum safety standard in every condition of flight. The liquid cooling system grants an extraordinary steady power output and better performance at every rpm.
Many are the advanced technical solutions adopted.
- The die cast light-alloy aluminium cylinder grants a better thermal stability.
- The piston, gravity cast at high silicon content light alloy, reduces thermal expansion and the coupling slack. The piston top design is specific to optimize the compression ratio.
- It is provided with a balancing countershaft; this feature cancels the vibrations and guarantees such a comfort when driving never felt during a flight and a better engine lasting. The counter revolving rollers considerably decrease the upsetting torque-steer for a further flight comfort.
- The centrifugal clutch is entirely in oil bath, with a mechanical gear with helical teeth.
- The electric starter is standard but for higher safety level it is also equipped with manual starter, with easy-system thanks to the flash starter device, which speeds up and simplifies the movements.
- The comfortable closed circuit system for the fuel recovery during transportation and the 12V output for any eventual electrical use.
Thor 250 DUAL SPARK engine is small and very compact with a great power/weigh ratio. The advanced technology and the great performance of this engine gives a better feeling when driving making the flight even more performing, dynamic, reactive, beside granting more stability.
|Polini Engine||2 stroke monocylinder|
|Bore for stroke||72 x 60|
|*Max trust||105 Kg with Ø 150 cm propeller|
|Cylinder||Aluminum with Gilnisil coating|
|Piston||Two chromium plated rings mm 1|
|Intake||Reed valve in the crankcase|
|Carburetor||Polini Ø28 float|
|Air filter||Air box|
|Ignition 2||Electronic battery powered|
|Battery charger||Output power 80 W at 5500 RPM|
|Spark plug hood||5k Ω resistance|
|**Fuel type||E5 petrol or LL AV GAS-al with 2,5% synthetic oil 100%|
|*Consumption||2,9 Lh 30 Kg of static trust|
|Gear reduction unit||Helical teeth in oil bath with 2,8 reduction ratio|
|Starting||Electric starter + Flash Starter|
|Clutch||Centrifugal in oil bath|
|Muffler||Expansion with oval silencer|
|Engine weight||From 18 Kg (without radiator)|
THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engine adapts itself to various application types, as two-seat trikes, powered hang gliders, one-seat small three-axis, ULM motor-gliders, ULM.
- 928.000.019 –
- 100% MADE IN ITALY
*The values have been detected on the sea level at standard